國網中心於3月8日特邀日本工業大學青木尊之教授(Dr. Takayuki Aoki)演講，講題為 GPU supercomputer TSUBAME3.0 and multiphase CFD applications.，會中除說明目前TSUBAME超級電腦3.0升級現況，也分享許多目前計算案例。
【About the speaker】
Takayuki Aoki is the deputy director and professor of the Global Scientific Information and Computing Center of Tokyo Institute of Technology. He received a BSc in Applied Physics (1983) and an MSc in Energy Science from Tokyo Institute of Technology, was a Visiting Fellow in Cornell University and the Max-Planck Institute in Germany. He has received the Computational Mechanics Achievement Award from Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers and many awards and honors in visualization, and others. He is also the vice president of the Japan Association for Computational Mechanics.
Professor Aoki has authored the first book in the Japanese language on the CUDA programming and applications. His research covers:
• fluid-structure interaction
• algorithms and high-performance applications on graphics processors
• multi-phase flows, and
• simulation of natural disasters 【Sample publications】
• Conservative form of interpolated differential operator scheme for compressible and incompressible fluid dynamics, Y. Imai, T. Aoki and K. Takizawa, J. Comput. Phys. Vol 227(4): 2263–2285 (2008) [doi:10.1016/j.jcp.2007.11.031]
• Real-time tsunami simulation on a multi-node GPU cluster, M. Arce Acuna, T. Aoki, Supercomputing Conference 2009, Portland OR.